How is a root canal treatment done?
At our dental clinic in Gdansk, we appreciate the patients' time, therefore most treatments are finished within one single session. The time of the treatment depends on the complexity of the case. Sometimes more difficult cases may require a second visit in order to successfully complete the treatment.
Before the procedure, we will take X-ray and sometimes CBCT (cone beam computed tomography), thoroughly examine your teeth, recommend a treatment plan, discuss it with you, and answer your questions.
Steps in a root canal treatment
- A local anaesthetic is applied to the affected tooth and surrounding area
- An opening is made in the top of the tooth and the infected tooth pulp is removed
- Using modern computer assisted electrical devices the root canal length is measured and the canal is thoroughly cleaned
- Once happy with the disinfection process the canal spaces are filled using a biocompatible material
- After control X-ray further restoration of the crown of the tooth is completed, using crowns or fillings
Microscopic endodontics – perfect precision
Using Carl Zeiss dental microscope, at Dental Sense we are able to save the infected teeth which previously had to be removed. Dental microscope ensures magnification and lightening of the treated area. This ensures unmatched precision, which significantly improves the quality of the treatment.
Owing to this state-of-the-art technology and superior skills of our dentists, we handle more difficult cases such as broken instruments or perforations of the root.