The Digital Smile Design process
Your new smile preview
The digital design can be turned into a mock-up, which is precisely created by a dental technician. This is a direct replica of the smile design that temporarily goes over the existing teeth in order to test drive the new smile. This is the moment when you can see what your smile will look like, before treatment even starts! New photos are taken, so that you can compare before and after results.
Become the co-author of your smile
At this point you can decide on any final alterations, such as colour, tooth shape, position, etc. before we get started with treatment. For example, if you prefer a ´natural´ smile to a 'perfect' one, we can again personalise the final result at your request. DSD gives you a 100% influence over your smile. The example below presents the case in which the Patient wished to retain her perfect imperfections. At Dental Sense, we believe that not every patient wishes to have a 'perfect' smile, but all of them want to feel free to be themselves.
The treatment plan
Only now, when you have accepted your new smile, we prepare the detailed treatment plan. We will choose the ideal materials and restoration type, such as crowns or veneers. This will guide the rest of the treatment.
Advantages of Digital Smile Design
- A smile that is in harmony with your facial structures and proportions
- Truly customized results – no two smile designs are exactly alike
- You know what your smile is going to look like before the start of the treatment
- Participation in designing your own smile
- 100% predictability – increased confidence throughout the treatment process
- Perfectly planned treatment